The University through its various academic programmes train professionals and non-professionals in the public and private sector. This is in line with the University Vision to be a Premier University in the provision of quality education, training and research for sustainable national and global development.
- To prepare semester schedules in consultation with the Registrar (AA)
- To prepare schedules for conducting, processing, and administration of semester examinations
- To work closely with Deans, Directors, and COD’s in locating appropriate teaching facilities
- To ensure security and confidentiality in preparation of semester examinations
- To prepare a budget and make follow ups for procurement of materials needed by the timetabling and examinations
- To advice the Registrar (AA) on critical issues on timetabling and conduct of examinations
- To work closely with Deans, Chairman of departments on monitoring the implementation of curriculum
- To ensure proper management and maintenance of lecture halls, lecture theatres,
workshops and laboratories in consultation with the respective Deans of Faculties.
- To ensure that both teaching and examination timetables are followed as scheduled
The functions of the Directorate are:
- Preparation of the academic calendar for the undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in the University.
- Preparation of the teaching, consultation, and examinations timetable at the beginning of each semester for all degree, diploma and certificate programmes.
- Ensure that both teaching and examination timetables are followed as scheduled.
- Scheduling of all academic trips.
- Co-ordinates use of various lecture halls for academic and non-academic purposes.
- Ensure proper management and maintenance of lecture halls, theatres, workshops and laboratories in consultation with relevant departments.
- Ensure proper processing of all the University examinations.
- Co-ordinating University examinations and providing all the necessary logistics and materials.
- Ensure that standards and procedures of the University examinations are maintained.
- Work closely with Deans and Chairpersons of departments on monitoring of implementation of the curriculum.
- Facilitating invitation and the working of all the external examiners.